By Blossom Chigozie
Unfortunately, many have missed alot by refusing to eat Garden egg but trust me, it’s not late to start because the level of goodness that comes with Garden egg can never be emphasized according to research. Eating garden egg boosts overall and wellbeing of the human body and is counted among the healthiest of plants.
Garden egg, a small bulb-shaped vegetable that has a slight bitter taste and is either green or white in color, belongs to the member of the Solanaceae family. Its botanical name is Solanum melongena, ganeyen guata/yalo in Hausa, Igba in Yoruba and Anyara in Igbo.
Below are the Goodness and Wonders of Garden Eggs to Human Body;
1. Garden egg cures cold and cough. It contains vitamin C, an active elements that fights cold and prevents scurvy
2. Garden egg provides great amount of Calcium and Phosphorus essential for bones and teeth strengthening. So it’s perfect for the young and old to consume.
3. It helps to lower eye pressure in person with glaucoma without side effect even with high consumption
4. Garden egg reduces risk of heart diseases and stroke because it contains vitamins (soluble and water-soluble vitamins) which helps the heart, cellular respiration and nervous system to function well.
5. It is high in potassium, a necessary salt that helps in maintaining the function of the heart and regulate blood pressure.
6. It helps in the treatment of stomach ulcers
7. Eating garden egg is good at reducing blood Cholesterol
8. Whatever a Pregnant woman eats,the baby eats and these acts could either affect the baby negatively or positively. Garden Egg is very good for expecting mothers and the infants as it helps control blood pressure, prevents edema (swollen legs), relieve stress, avoid malnutrition, fights unnecessary fats, prevent Anemia and more.
9. Garden egg leaves can serve as a natural blood tonic in anemic patient.
10. Due to the high level of fiber content found in Garden egg, it is Perfect For Digestion. This has a way of increasing the body metabolism rate as it digests food particles faster. Just snack on them after meal for those watching their weight, it works magic.
11. Garden egg is one of the anti-cancer fruit which has been helping for over decades. It contains anthocyanins and chlorogenic acids that protect cell from damage caused by free radicals.
12. Garden egg provides the body with both fat soluble vitamins and water soluble vitamins, which are rich in thiamin (vitamins B6) required for normal growth and proper functioning of the heart and nervous system.
READ ALSO: How To Glow With The Harmattan
13. Garden egg helps prevent blood clots with the help of vitamin K and biaflavonoids, which strengthen capillaries
14 . Garden egg helps in the control of high blood pressure and relieves stress.
15 . Garden egg lowers Blood Sugar Levels because it contains glucose absorption to the body and it’s great for diabetic patients that needs to check their levels at all times.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: The Fun And Fruitful Facts About Agbalumo/Udara (African Star Apple)
Garden egg still remains one of the cheapest vegetables/fruits in Nigeria, eat as much as you can and thank me later!
- Tears And Tributes As Lagos Council Boss Is Laid To Rest June 23, 2021
- Nigerians Reacts As Petrol Cost Hits N256, Subsidy N150b June 23, 2021
- Herdsmen: ‘Shun Northern Cattle For Local Cows’ -Nollywood Legend, Pete Edochie Urges Igbo People June 23, 2021
- N7.1bn Fraud: Court Fixes Date For Orji Uzor Kalu’s Retrial June 23, 2021
- ‘I Am In Pains’ – Harrysong Cries Out After Finding Out A ‘Single Mum Of 2’ He Was Sending Money To Is Actually A Very Ugly Man June 23, 2021
- US Actress, Angelina Jolie Visits Burkina Faso Refugee Camp June 23, 2021
- Akwa Ibom Sets Up Committee To Investigate Expulsion Of Student Who Allegedly Insulted Governor On Facebook June 23, 2021
- Exposed! Police Inspector In Soup For Allegedly Gunrunning And Renting Riffles To Notorious Criminals In Cross River State June 23, 2021
- Insecurity: How University Of Jos Hired Local Hunters To Protect Campus And Hostels June 23, 2021
- “A Goat Is Better Than A Man Who Beats His Wife” – Apostle Suleman Blows Hot June 23, 2021
- “Your Well Don Too Deep” – Bobrisky Berates Ka3na After She Opened Up About Her S3xual Encounter With Praise June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: See How Praise Reacted After Ka3na Accused Him Of ‘Lasting Five Seconds In Bed’ June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: “He Lasted Only 5 seconds” – Ka3na Opens Up On Sexual Encounter With Praise (Video) June 23, 2021
- Drama As Police Protects Coca-Cola Truck After It Crushes 3 To Death In Ibadan June 23, 2021
- Umahi’s Commissioner Dies, Driver Unconscious, Governor Declares Holiday, Prayer June 23, 2021
- TREM Daily Devotional For 23rd June 2021 By Dr. Mike Okonkwo – You Have Been Discharged and Acquitted With No Appeal June 23, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 23rd June 2021 Online June 23, 2021
- True Worship Of God – Anglican Daily Fountain For 23rd June 2021 June 23, 2021
- Scripture Union Daily Guide For 23rd June 2021 – God’s Judgement Dramatized June 23, 2021
- Joseph Prince Devotional For 23rd June 2021 – You Are Accepted In The Beloved June 23, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
How Miss Africa Russia Representative From Nigeria Stormed Stage With Blood-stained Nigerian Flag (Video)
Health5 days ago
WHO: Women Of Childbearing Age Should Be Banned From Drinking Alcohol
National news7 days ago
Buhari To Visit Borno On Thursday
Entertainment5 days ago
Tope Alabi Begs Adeyinka Alaseyori for Forgiveness, Says “I Am Not A Perfect Person”
National news6 days ago
Sleepy Buhari Making Corruption Run Rampant In Nigeria – American Economist, Steve Hanke
Faith7 days ago
Our Daily Bread Devotional Message For 17th June 2021 – The Way of Faith
National news6 days ago
BREAKING: Fresh Xenophobic Protests In South Africa As Violent Groups Threaten Bloodshed On Nigerians, Others
Metro5 days ago
Kwara: Angry Youths Allegedly Attack Fulani Herdsmen, Destroy Police Station