By Blossom Chigozie
Unfortunately, many have missed alot by refusing to eat Garden egg but trust me, it’s not late to start because the level of goodness that comes with Garden egg can never be emphasized according to research. Eating garden egg boosts overall and wellbeing of the human body and is counted among the healthiest of plants.
Garden egg, a small bulb-shaped vegetable that has a slight bitter taste and is either green or white in color, belongs to the member of the Solanaceae family. Its botanical name is Solanum melongena, ganeyen guata/yalo in Hausa, Igba in Yoruba and Anyara in Igbo.
Below are the Goodness and Wonders of Garden Eggs to Human Body;
1. Garden egg cures cold and cough. It contains vitamin C, an active elements that fights cold and prevents scurvy
2. Garden egg provides great amount of Calcium and Phosphorus essential for bones and teeth strengthening. So it’s perfect for the young and old to consume.
3. It helps to lower eye pressure in person with glaucoma without side effect even with high consumption
4. Garden egg reduces risk of heart diseases and stroke because it contains vitamins (soluble and water-soluble vitamins) which helps the heart, cellular respiration and nervous system to function well.
5. It is high in potassium, a necessary salt that helps in maintaining the function of the heart and regulate blood pressure.
6. It helps in the treatment of stomach ulcers
7. Eating garden egg is good at reducing blood Cholesterol
8. Whatever a Pregnant woman eats,the baby eats and these acts could either affect the baby negatively or positively. Garden Egg is very good for expecting mothers and the infants as it helps control blood pressure, prevents edema (swollen legs), relieve stress, avoid malnutrition, fights unnecessary fats, prevent Anemia and more.
9. Garden egg leaves can serve as a natural blood tonic in anemic patient.
10. Due to the high level of fiber content found in Garden egg, it is Perfect For Digestion. This has a way of increasing the body metabolism rate as it digests food particles faster. Just snack on them after meal for those watching their weight, it works magic.
11. Garden egg is one of the anti-cancer fruit which has been helping for over decades. It contains anthocyanins and chlorogenic acids that protect cell from damage caused by free radicals.
12. Garden egg provides the body with both fat soluble vitamins and water soluble vitamins, which are rich in thiamin (vitamins B6) required for normal growth and proper functioning of the heart and nervous system.
READ ALSO: How To Glow With The Harmattan
13. Garden egg helps prevent blood clots with the help of vitamin K and biaflavonoids, which strengthen capillaries
14 . Garden egg helps in the control of high blood pressure and relieves stress.
15 . Garden egg lowers Blood Sugar Levels because it contains glucose absorption to the body and it’s great for diabetic patients that needs to check their levels at all times.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: The Fun And Fruitful Facts About Agbalumo/Udara (African Star Apple)
Garden egg still remains one of the cheapest vegetables/fruits in Nigeria, eat as much as you can and thank me later!
- God’s Strength In You – Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Reading For Sunday 17th October 2021 Online October 17, 2021
- Be Bold About Him – Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome October 17, 2021
- Your Gates Are Open – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze October 17, 2021
- Deeper Life Search the Scripture For 17th October 2021 Lesson 1021 (Adult) October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School TEACHERS Manual For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School STUDENTS Manual For 17th October 2021 – Lesson 7 October 17, 2021
- Today’s Open Heaven Devotional For 17th October 2021 – The Unchangeable Changer October 17, 2021
- Wealth Through Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional 17 October 2021 – October 17, 2021
- Abuja Fans Surprise BBNaija’s Cross As They Welcome Him With Over 200 Power Bikes And Cars October 16, 2021
- FG Declares Public Holiday For Eid-ul-Mawlid Celebration October 16, 2021
- English Premier League Fixtures, Predictions, Results For 16 – 18 October 2021 October 16, 2021
- #EndSARS Anniversary: They Killed Innocent Souls And A Year Later, No One Has Been Punished For Those Heinous Crimes – Falz October 16, 2021
- Revealed! What Pastor Tunde Bakare Discussed With President Buhari During His Visit To Aso Villa October 16, 2021
- Kogi State Government Kicks, Demands Apology From EFCC Over frozen N20B October 16, 2021
- Bayelsa Youths Protests In Warrior Regalia As Oil Firm Allegedly Neglects Their Community (Photos) October 15, 2021
- Jubilation As Pasuma Welcomes First Grandchild (Photo) October 15, 2021
- Chiwetalu Agu Arrives AGN Office In Enugu After His Release Like A Hero (Video) October 15, 2021
- Pastor Tunde Bakare Visits Buhari In Aso Villa (Photos) October 15, 2021
- BBNaija S6: What Made Me Connect Easily With Whitemoney – Emmanuel Reveals October 15, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Ebuka Opens Up On Housemate Who Could Have Won BBNaija ‘Shine Ya Eye’ Edition
National news4 days ago
PHOTOS: HardCore Biafrans Defy Security Agents After Chiwetalu Agu’s Arrest, Wear IPOB Emblemed Materials
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija Angel Opens Up On The Male Housemate She Would Gladly Leave Her Boyfriend For
Faith6 days ago
Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 11th October 2021 Online
Entertainment4 days ago
How US Blogger, Gabby Petito Was Strangled To Death – Coroner Reports
Faith4 days ago
Lift Up Your Eyes – Streams of Joy Devotional For Wednesday 13th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze
Faith6 days ago
The Sword of the Lord – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 11th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze
Faith3 days ago
Quiet Inner Confidence – Joyce Meyer Devotional For 14th October 2021