The Academic Staff Union of Universities has ordered its members at the University of Jos, Plateau State, to withdraw all forms of participation in all Postgraduate programmes in the institution.
According to The PUNCH learnt that the order followed the alleged refusal of the University management to honour a Memorandum of Understanding it reached with members of ASUU on the sharing formula for non-NUC funded programmes run by the institution.
The Chairman of the ASUU branch of the University, Dr Lazarus Maigoro told The PUNCH in Jos on Wednesday that a copy of a letter directing its members not to participate in any postgraduate programmes of the institution had been sent to the Pro-chancellor of the University and chairman of Council, Prof. Attahiru Jega.
The letter dated June 7, 2021, and copied to the Vice-Chancellor of the University, all principal officers, Dean of Postgraduate Studies and Head of Departments, was obtained by The PUNCH in Jos on Wednesday.
Part of the letter which was signed by the ASUU Chairman read, “Our union wishes to inform you that our National Executive Council, at its meeting on Thursday 27th May 2021 held at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, approved the request of our branch to withdraw all services from PG programmes from 20th June 2021.
“The above approval was granted due to the refusal of the University administration to implement the Council approved 2016 PG sharing formula to take care of payments for teaching PG courses, and release faculty and departmental shares which is a product of the 2016 Memorandum of Understanding our union signed with the University administration.
“Our members will not participate in teaching and supervision (Thesis, dissertations, examinations, seminars, defence of any kind whether at PG school, faculties, departments, etc.)
“All members are hereby directed to comply as sanctions shall apply to any violator. Our monitoring committee shall keep strict vigil to ensure compliance towards the attainment of the resolution of this critical welfare concerning our members.”
Efforts to get the management of the University of Jos to react to the order by ASUU proved abortive as several calls put across to the mobile phone of the Deputy Registrar, Information and Publications, Abdullahi Abdullahi, returned unanswered.
A text message sent to his mobile phone by our correspondent was yet to be replied to as of the time of filing this report.
- Tears And Tributes As Lagos Council Boss Is Laid To Rest June 23, 2021
- Nigerians Reacts As Petrol Cost Hits N256, Subsidy N150b June 23, 2021
- Herdsmen: ‘Shun Northern Cattle For Local Cows’ -Nollywood Legend, Pete Edochie Urges Igbo People June 23, 2021
- N7.1bn Fraud: Court Fixes Date For Orji Uzor Kalu’s Retrial June 23, 2021
- ‘I Am In Pains’ – Harrysong Cries Out After Finding Out A ‘Single Mum Of 2’ He Was Sending Money To Is Actually A Very Ugly Man June 23, 2021
- US Actress, Angelina Jolie Visits Burkina Faso Refugee Camp June 23, 2021
- Akwa Ibom Sets Up Committee To Investigate Expulsion Of Student Who Allegedly Insulted Governor On Facebook June 23, 2021
- Exposed! Police Inspector In Soup For Allegedly Gunrunning And Renting Riffles To Notorious Criminals In Cross River State June 23, 2021
- Insecurity: How University Of Jos Hired Local Hunters To Protect Campus And Hostels June 23, 2021
- “A Goat Is Better Than A Man Who Beats His Wife” – Apostle Suleman Blows Hot June 23, 2021
- “Your Well Don Too Deep” – Bobrisky Berates Ka3na After She Opened Up About Her S3xual Encounter With Praise June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: See How Praise Reacted After Ka3na Accused Him Of ‘Lasting Five Seconds In Bed’ June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: “He Lasted Only 5 seconds” – Ka3na Opens Up On Sexual Encounter With Praise (Video) June 23, 2021
- Drama As Police Protects Coca-Cola Truck After It Crushes 3 To Death In Ibadan June 23, 2021
- Umahi’s Commissioner Dies, Driver Unconscious, Governor Declares Holiday, Prayer June 23, 2021
- TREM Daily Devotional For 23rd June 2021 By Dr. Mike Okonkwo – You Have Been Discharged and Acquitted With No Appeal June 23, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 23rd June 2021 Online June 23, 2021
- True Worship Of God – Anglican Daily Fountain For 23rd June 2021 June 23, 2021
- Scripture Union Daily Guide For 23rd June 2021 – God’s Judgement Dramatized June 23, 2021
- Joseph Prince Devotional For 23rd June 2021 – You Are Accepted In The Beloved June 23, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
How Miss Africa Russia Representative From Nigeria Stormed Stage With Blood-stained Nigerian Flag (Video)
Health5 days ago
WHO: Women Of Childbearing Age Should Be Banned From Drinking Alcohol
National news7 days ago
Buhari To Visit Borno On Thursday
Entertainment5 days ago
Tope Alabi Begs Adeyinka Alaseyori for Forgiveness, Says “I Am Not A Perfect Person”
National news6 days ago
Sleepy Buhari Making Corruption Run Rampant In Nigeria – American Economist, Steve Hanke
Faith7 days ago
Our Daily Bread Devotional Message For 17th June 2021 – The Way of Faith
National news6 days ago
BREAKING: Fresh Xenophobic Protests In South Africa As Violent Groups Threaten Bloodshed On Nigerians, Others
Metro5 days ago
Kwara: Angry Youths Allegedly Attack Fulani Herdsmen, Destroy Police Station