God Bless You As You Study Today’s Catholic Mass Reading Online……..
Reading 1, Numbers 20:1-13
1 The Israelites, the whole community, arrived in the first month at the desert of Zin. The people settled at Kadesh. There Miriam died and was buried.
2 There was no water for the community, so they banded together against Moses and Aaron.
3 The people laid the blame on Moses. ‘We would rather have died’, they said, ‘as our brothers died before Yahweh!
4 Why have you brought Yahweh’s community into this desert, for us and our livestock to die here?
5 Why did you lead us out of Egypt, only to bring us to this wretched place? It is a place unfit for sowing, it has no figs, no vines, no pomegranates, and there is not even water to drink!’
6 Leaving the assembly, Moses and Aaron went to the entrance of the Tent of Meeting. They threw themselves on their faces, and the glory of Yahweh appeared to them.
7 Yahweh then spoke to Moses and said,
8 ‘Take the branch and call the community together, you and your brother Aaron. Then, in full view of them, order this rock to release its water. You will release water from the rock for them and provide drink for the community and their livestock.’
9 Moses took up the branch from before Yahweh, as he had directed him.
10 Moses and Aaron then called the assembly together in front of the rock. He then said to them, ‘Listen now, you rebels. Shall we make water gush from this rock for you?’
11 Moses then raised his hand and struck the rock twice with the branch; water gushed out in abundance, and the community and their livestock drank.
12 Yahweh then said to Moses and Aaron, ‘Because you did not believe that I could assert my holiness before the Israelites’ eyes, you will not lead this assembly into the country which I am giving them.’
13 These were the Waters of Meribah, where the Israelites laid the blame on Yahweh and where, by their means, he asserted his holiness.
Catholic Daily Mass Reading Thursday 5th August 2021 Online
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9
1 Come, let us cry out with joy to Yahweh, acclaim the rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving, acclaim him with music.
6 Come, let us bow low and do reverence; kneel before Yahweh who made us!
7 For he is our God, and we the people of his sheepfold, the flock of his hand. If only you would listen to him today!
8 Do not harden your hearts as at Meribah, as at the time of Massah in the desert,
9 when your ancestors challenged me, put me to the test, and saw what I could do!
Gospel, Matthew 16:13-23
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi he put this question to his disciples, ‘Who do people say the Son of man is?’
14 And they said, ‘Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’
15 ‘But you,’ he said, ‘who do you say I am?’
16 Then Simon Peter spoke up and said, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’
17 Jesus replied, ‘Simon son of Jonah, you are a blessed man! Because it was no human agency that revealed this to you but my Father in heaven.
18 So I now say to you: You are Peter and on this rock I will build my community. And the gates of the underworld can never overpower it.
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of Heaven: whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.’
20 Then he gave the disciples strict orders not to say to anyone that he was the Christ.
21 From then onwards Jesus began to make it clear to his disciples that he was destined to go to Jerusalem and suffer grievously at the hands of the elders and chief priests and scribes and to be put to death and to be raised up on the third day.
22 Then, taking him aside, Peter started to rebuke him. ‘Heaven preserve you, Lord,’ he said, ‘this must not happen to you.’
23 But he turned and said to Peter, ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are an obstacle in my path, because you are thinking not as God thinks but as human beings do.’
- That Battle Has Been Declared “Finished” Hold On! – ODM Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe September 17, 2021
- Honor God’s Voice Above All Others – Joyce Meyer Devotional For 17th September 2021 September 17, 2021
- The Kingdom Lifestyle – MFM Daily Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya September 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For Friday 17th September 2021 Online September 17, 2021
- Faith Talks -Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For Friday 17th September 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome September 17, 2021
- You Are Evergreen – Pastor Jerry Eze Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For Friday 17th September 2021 September 17, 2021
- The Trigger of Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny 17th September 2021 By Dr. Paul Enenche September 17, 2021
- RCCG Open Heaven Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Pastor E.A Adeboye – Holy Spirit: The Engine Room For Missions September 17, 2021
- Prayer Points For Today’s Open Heaven 17th September 2021 – Holy Spirit: The Engine Room For Missions September 17, 2021
- MFM 70 Days Fasting For 17th September 2021 – Day 40 Prayer Points September 17, 2021
- THROWBACK: “I Would Rather Die Than Join APC Or Bow To Buhari – Fani-Kayode September 16, 2021
- BBNaija Task: Biggie Rewards Liquorose For Secret Task September 16, 2021
- Why EFCC Chairman, Bawa, Collapsed – Pantami Reveals September 16, 2021
- Sowore Reveals Those Who Killed His Brother, Olajide September 16, 2021
- BREAKING: Femi Fani- Kayode Dumps PDP, Joins APC Says, “I Was Led By The Spirit Of God” September 16, 2021
- VAT/FIRS: Southern Governors Meet In Enugu September 16, 2021
- BBNaija S6: Why I’m Excited About Liquorose, Emmanuel ‘Fight’ – Angel September 16, 2021
- Photos: FIFA President Pays Courtesy Visit To President Buhari, Gifts Him No.10 Jersey September 16, 2021
- 2023 Presidency: Why Jonathan Will Never Join APC – Reno Omokri Reacts September 16, 2021
- BBNaija Task: Housemates To Mimic Each Other For A Whole Day September 16, 2021
Faith4 days ago
Fearfully And Wonderfully Made – RCCG Open Heaven Devotional For 13th September 2021 By Pastor E.A Adeboye
National news7 days ago
Leadership Tussle: TB Joshua’s Disciples Evicted From SCOAN [VIDEO]
Entertainment4 days ago
BBNaija Eviction: I’ll Beg Big Brother To Bring JayPaul Back To The House – Cross To Saskay
Entertainment7 days ago
BET Awards: Ladipoe And Nasty C Make 2021 Hip-Hop List
Faith4 days ago
You Are A Weapon – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 13th September 2021 by Pastor Jerry Eze
Metro4 days ago
Kogi Jailbreak: 240 Inmates Escaped From Prison – Spokesman
Entertainment4 days ago
BBNaija Eviction: How Nigerians Voted Jaypaul, Jackie B, Saga
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Top Five Housemates That Will Make It To The Finals – Uti Nwachukwu Predicts