The agency has revealed that Nigeria recorded no death from the complication of COVID-19 as of April 18.
The death toll, the centre said, remained 2,061.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level III, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
The centre advised Nigerians to disinfect their surfaces in their homes, shops and offices regularly to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in their communities.
“Take responsibility to protect yourself, loved ones, customers, employees and society from infections such as COVID-19,” it advised.
Meanwhile, as many children return to school, the NCDC advised parents to help their children stay safe by teaching and reinforcing everyday preventive actions by not letting their guard down.
”They should wear a face mask properly, wash their hands regularly, observed physical distance, avoid large gatherings held indoors with poor adherence to prevention measures and always seek medical attention when ill.
“Most people who are infected with COVID-19 may not show symptoms but can spread the disease to other people.
“Let us continue to adhere to all public health advisories on COVID-19 prevention,” it said.
It appealed to parents and guardians to inform school heads of any developments or signs that a child was not well.
“We are also appealing and urging parents to report to the school heads of any relatives showing signs of COVID-19.
“The fight against COVID-19 in schools, whether boarding or day, requires full participation of everyone,” it said.
- Tears And Tributes As Lagos Council Boss Is Laid To Rest June 23, 2021
- Nigerians Reacts As Petrol Cost Hits N256, Subsidy N150b June 23, 2021
- Herdsmen: ‘Shun Northern Cattle For Local Cows’ -Nollywood Legend, Pete Edochie Urges Igbo People June 23, 2021
- N7.1bn Fraud: Court Fixes Date For Orji Uzor Kalu’s Retrial June 23, 2021
- ‘I Am In Pains’ – Harrysong Cries Out After Finding Out A ‘Single Mum Of 2’ He Was Sending Money To Is Actually A Very Ugly Man June 23, 2021
- US Actress, Angelina Jolie Visits Burkina Faso Refugee Camp June 23, 2021
- Akwa Ibom Sets Up Committee To Investigate Expulsion Of Student Who Allegedly Insulted Governor On Facebook June 23, 2021
- Exposed! Police Inspector In Soup For Allegedly Gunrunning And Renting Riffles To Notorious Criminals In Cross River State June 23, 2021
- Insecurity: How University Of Jos Hired Local Hunters To Protect Campus And Hostels June 23, 2021
- “A Goat Is Better Than A Man Who Beats His Wife” – Apostle Suleman Blows Hot June 23, 2021
- “Your Well Don Too Deep” – Bobrisky Berates Ka3na After She Opened Up About Her S3xual Encounter With Praise June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: See How Praise Reacted After Ka3na Accused Him Of ‘Lasting Five Seconds In Bed’ June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: “He Lasted Only 5 seconds” – Ka3na Opens Up On Sexual Encounter With Praise (Video) June 23, 2021
- Drama As Police Protects Coca-Cola Truck After It Crushes 3 To Death In Ibadan June 23, 2021
- Umahi’s Commissioner Dies, Driver Unconscious, Governor Declares Holiday, Prayer June 23, 2021
- TREM Daily Devotional For 23rd June 2021 By Dr. Mike Okonkwo – You Have Been Discharged and Acquitted With No Appeal June 23, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 23rd June 2021 Online June 23, 2021
- True Worship Of God – Anglican Daily Fountain For 23rd June 2021 June 23, 2021
- Scripture Union Daily Guide For 23rd June 2021 – God’s Judgement Dramatized June 23, 2021
- Joseph Prince Devotional For 23rd June 2021 – You Are Accepted In The Beloved June 23, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
How Miss Africa Russia Representative From Nigeria Stormed Stage With Blood-stained Nigerian Flag (Video)
Health5 days ago
WHO: Women Of Childbearing Age Should Be Banned From Drinking Alcohol
National news7 days ago
Buhari To Visit Borno On Thursday
Entertainment5 days ago
Tope Alabi Begs Adeyinka Alaseyori for Forgiveness, Says “I Am Not A Perfect Person”
National news6 days ago
Sleepy Buhari Making Corruption Run Rampant In Nigeria – American Economist, Steve Hanke
Faith7 days ago
Our Daily Bread Devotional Message For 17th June 2021 – The Way of Faith
National news6 days ago
BREAKING: Fresh Xenophobic Protests In South Africa As Violent Groups Threaten Bloodshed On Nigerians, Others
Metro5 days ago
Kwara: Angry Youths Allegedly Attack Fulani Herdsmen, Destroy Police Station