Topic: Faithfulness, Please!
TEXT: 1 Chronicles 9:14-22
14. And of the Levites; Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, of the sons of Merari;
“And Phinehas the son of Eleazar was the ruler over them in time past, and the LORD was with him.” – (1 Chronicles 9:20)
Some people came to this life unsung, unknown and without any impact in the kingdom of God. Many struggle so much to have their names in the book of “Who is Who” in the world while others want to be renowned in the fields of sports, science, literature and poetry, technology, politics, entertainment and social media. All these will pass with time. Christians should strive more to ensure that their names are in God’s record.
The writer of the book of Chronicles listed some notable people as officials in the house of God. God recognises everything we do for Him whether great or small. He recognised His servants in the city and the ones that dwelt in the villages. There is no place, no matter how remote to man, that is hidden from God. He recognised even the ‘porters’ and the gate keepers! God also acknowledged the ‘rulers’. He acknowledges and rewards only faithfulness in service (Matthew 25:21). The Lord was with Phinehas because of his faithfulness and zeal. Finally, the Chronicler noted that even occupiers of the office of porters in the villages waited in their numbers as ordained by their successive leaders – Samuel and later, David.
All believers today are called to God’s service. Whatever we are called upon to do, we should do it heartily, knowing that God is the rewarder of our service. Even if what we are called to do is insignificant from the human perspective, God’s balances are different from men’s and He is the rewarder. Therefore, in our diligence, we should remain in His service, since we serve God and not man.
Are we mindful of serving God and ensuring that our names are in His book? Are we faithful in service? Let us learn the more excellent way; consistent faithfulness is all He wants.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
It’s not how big but how well.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 13-14
DCLM Daily Manna 10th June 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
Spread the Gospel today. Share this Daily Devotional Message to your loved Ones, friends and families. Thank you and God bless you abundantly.
- Tears And Tributes As Lagos Council Boss Is Laid To Rest June 23, 2021
- Nigerians Reacts As Petrol Cost Hits N256, Subsidy N150b June 23, 2021
- Herdsmen: ‘Shun Northern Cattle For Local Cows’ -Nollywood Legend, Pete Edochie Urges Igbo People June 23, 2021
- N7.1bn Fraud: Court Fixes Date For Orji Uzor Kalu’s Retrial June 23, 2021
- ‘I Am In Pains’ – Harrysong Cries Out After Finding Out A ‘Single Mum Of 2’ He Was Sending Money To Is Actually A Very Ugly Man June 23, 2021
- US Actress, Angelina Jolie Visits Burkina Faso Refugee Camp June 23, 2021
- Akwa Ibom Sets Up Committee To Investigate Expulsion Of Student Who Allegedly Insulted Governor On Facebook June 23, 2021
- Exposed! Police Inspector In Soup For Allegedly Gunrunning And Renting Riffles To Notorious Criminals In Cross River State June 23, 2021
- Insecurity: How University Of Jos Hired Local Hunters To Protect Campus And Hostels June 23, 2021
- “A Goat Is Better Than A Man Who Beats His Wife” – Apostle Suleman Blows Hot June 23, 2021
- “Your Well Don Too Deep” – Bobrisky Berates Ka3na After She Opened Up About Her S3xual Encounter With Praise June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: See How Praise Reacted After Ka3na Accused Him Of ‘Lasting Five Seconds In Bed’ June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: “He Lasted Only 5 seconds” – Ka3na Opens Up On Sexual Encounter With Praise (Video) June 23, 2021
- Drama As Police Protects Coca-Cola Truck After It Crushes 3 To Death In Ibadan June 23, 2021
- Umahi’s Commissioner Dies, Driver Unconscious, Governor Declares Holiday, Prayer June 23, 2021
- TREM Daily Devotional For 23rd June 2021 By Dr. Mike Okonkwo – You Have Been Discharged and Acquitted With No Appeal June 23, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 23rd June 2021 Online June 23, 2021
- True Worship Of God – Anglican Daily Fountain For 23rd June 2021 June 23, 2021
- Scripture Union Daily Guide For 23rd June 2021 – God’s Judgement Dramatized June 23, 2021
- Joseph Prince Devotional For 23rd June 2021 – You Are Accepted In The Beloved June 23, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
How Miss Africa Russia Representative From Nigeria Stormed Stage With Blood-stained Nigerian Flag (Video)
Health5 days ago
WHO: Women Of Childbearing Age Should Be Banned From Drinking Alcohol
National news7 days ago
Buhari To Visit Borno On Thursday
Entertainment5 days ago
Tope Alabi Begs Adeyinka Alaseyori for Forgiveness, Says “I Am Not A Perfect Person”
Faith7 days ago
Our Daily Bread Devotional Message For 17th June 2021 – The Way of Faith
National news6 days ago
BREAKING: Fresh Xenophobic Protests In South Africa As Violent Groups Threaten Bloodshed On Nigerians, Others
National news6 days ago
Sleepy Buhari Making Corruption Run Rampant In Nigeria – American Economist, Steve Hanke
Entertainment7 days ago
Sexual Assault: Baba Ijesha Denied Bail, Case Transferred To High Court