Tesla Chief Executive Officer, Elon Musk, has said he personally owns bitcoin, ethereum, and dogecoin. He said that he would like to see bitcoin succeed.
He said this during a bitcoin event, ‘B Word’, which also featured Square and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, and Ark Invest CEO, Cathie Wood.
The digital currency whose fortune had dwindled recently rose above $32,000 on Thursday.
Musk said that he personally owned bitcoin, ethereum, and dogecoin. He also revealed that his companies, Spacex and Tesla also own bitcoins.
He added that bitcoin’s energy usage was shifting a lot more toward renewables, and his company, Tesla, would likely resume accepting the cryptocurrency soon.
He said, “In general, I am a supporter of bitcoin. The bitcoin I own is worth a lot more than ethereum or doge. If the price of bitcoin goes down, I lose money. I might pump but I don’t dump. I would like to see bitcoin succeed.”
Musk affirmed that the suspension of bitcoin as a payment option for Tesla’s cars was temporary. He said, “We are not selling any bitcoin, nor am I selling it personally, nor is Spacex selling any bitcoin.
“It looks like bitcoin is shifting a lot more toward renewables and a bunch of the heavy-duty coal plants that were being used have been shut down, especially in China.
“I want to do a little more due diligence to confirm that the percentage of renewable energy usage is most likely at or above 50 per cent and that there is a trend toward increasing that number. If so, Tesla will most likely resume accepting bitcoin.”
Meanwhile, JP Morgan has opened the doors to wealth management clients looking to invest in crypto funds, according to The Block.
The Block said that orders for Grayscale and Osprey’s crypto-based offerings were now on the table for wealth management advisors at the U.S.’s largest bank.
These offerings are not themselves crypto investments, but rather trusts based on the performance of crypto assets.
Also, JP Morgan is only authorising its advisors to process these orders if they come from clients themselves, barring the advisors from presenting crypto-based funds. Which is a reflection of JP Morgan’s longstanding hesitance to endorse investment in crypto.
According to CoinMarketCap, Bitcoin was $32,431.09 at 6.24pm on Thursday. This is a 1.24 per cent increase within the last 24 hours.Ad
The price of the digital currency has since remained stable at $31k – $32k since it fell below $30k on Wednesday.
- God’s Strength In You – Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Reading For Sunday 17th October 2021 Online October 17, 2021
- Be Bold About Him – Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome October 17, 2021
- Your Gates Are Open – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze October 17, 2021
- Deeper Life Search the Scripture For 17th October 2021 Lesson 1021 (Adult) October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School TEACHERS Manual For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School STUDENTS Manual For 17th October 2021 – Lesson 7 October 17, 2021
- Today’s Open Heaven Devotional For 17th October 2021 – The Unchangeable Changer October 17, 2021
- Wealth Through Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional 17 October 2021 – October 17, 2021
- Abuja Fans Surprise BBNaija’s Cross As They Welcome Him With Over 200 Power Bikes And Cars October 16, 2021
- FG Declares Public Holiday For Eid-ul-Mawlid Celebration October 16, 2021
- English Premier League Fixtures, Predictions, Results For 16 – 18 October 2021 October 16, 2021
- #EndSARS Anniversary: They Killed Innocent Souls And A Year Later, No One Has Been Punished For Those Heinous Crimes – Falz October 16, 2021
- Revealed! What Pastor Tunde Bakare Discussed With President Buhari During His Visit To Aso Villa October 16, 2021
- Kogi State Government Kicks, Demands Apology From EFCC Over frozen N20B October 16, 2021
- Bayelsa Youths Protests In Warrior Regalia As Oil Firm Allegedly Neglects Their Community (Photos) October 15, 2021
- Jubilation As Pasuma Welcomes First Grandchild (Photo) October 15, 2021
- Chiwetalu Agu Arrives AGN Office In Enugu After His Release Like A Hero (Video) October 15, 2021
- Pastor Tunde Bakare Visits Buhari In Aso Villa (Photos) October 15, 2021
- BBNaija S6: What Made Me Connect Easily With Whitemoney – Emmanuel Reveals October 15, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Ebuka Opens Up On Housemate Who Could Have Won BBNaija ‘Shine Ya Eye’ Edition
National news4 days ago
PHOTOS: HardCore Biafrans Defy Security Agents After Chiwetalu Agu’s Arrest, Wear IPOB Emblemed Materials
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija Angel Opens Up On The Male Housemate She Would Gladly Leave Her Boyfriend For
Faith6 days ago
Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 11th October 2021 Online
Entertainment4 days ago
How US Blogger, Gabby Petito Was Strangled To Death – Coroner Reports
Faith4 days ago
Lift Up Your Eyes – Streams of Joy Devotional For Wednesday 13th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze
National news7 days ago
Why NUPENG Plans To Commence Strike Tomorow (Monday)
Faith3 days ago
Quiet Inner Confidence – Joyce Meyer Devotional For 14th October 2021