Harmattan season! what a weather? Just wondering how those with delicate skins are coping in this season because it’s really tough. The harmattan season is here as usual and its very vital to look out for yourselves and be sure you are properly covered, prepared and still maintain that awesome glow and smiles.
Harmattan is a season when dry cold and dust-laden wind blows from the Sahara Desert in North Africa towards the West African countries. It comes with intense effect on human health and comfort, causing cold, running nose, chapped lips, cough, catarrh, broken heels, dry skin, asthma and more
Here are some healthy tips to maintain your glow in this harsh season and in case you already suffering from it, I guess these will help.
Stay Hydrated Always
By now, we should be feeling the effect of the season in our throats. Its super natural to get easily dehydrated. Drink water always and avoid carbonated drinks as much as you can. This act will cause yur skin to light up with glow and void of dryness. It is recommended that we should drink at 4litres of water in a day or even more because of its goodness.
Avoid Matte Beauty Products
Stay away from matte beauty products for a while especially this season of dryness. Matte beauty products are oil-free, covering the pores of the skin from producing excess oil. Use mild beauty products that won’t be harsh on your face especially if you have a delicate skin.
Wear Protective Hairstyles (For Ladies)
This season due to the harshness of the weather, the hair starts breaking especially the tips. So, let’s wear hairstyles that keeps your end hidden such as braid and wearing of wigs instead of exposing the hair. Washing the hair with Anti-dandruff shampoo, constant moisturising and tying of scarves when you are indoors will do wonders to your hair.
Never Forget Your Sunglasses and Nose Mask
This season, some people’s eyes become watery or reddish in colour due to dehydration, harsh sun and breeze. So always shield your eyes with Sunglasses and the air you inhale with nose mask.
Its very paramount to protect your skin from direct sun rays. Use sunscreen products. Sunscreen are lotion-like solutions that are made with organic or non-organic filters to help absorb Ultra Violet from the sun.
Moisturise As Much As You Can
The skin needs to retain its moisture in this harsh season. Use body lotions that are rich in natural oils. You can use either shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, carrot oil, castor oil to moisturize at times, you can also massage your body with any of your choice.
Avoid Dusty Areas
If you are Asthmatic, stay away from dusty environment to avoid attack. Wear good nose mask and ensure your inhaler is with you if you must. Generally, dusty areas are not favourable for anyone’s health.
Bath With Lukewarm/Room Temperature Water
This will be difficult for hot water lovers due to the cold weather but bathing with warm or room temperature water will help retain your glow. Hot water increases dryness, itchy skin strips the skin of its natural oils.
Wear Protective Clothes Always
When going to bed or going out in the morning, cover yourself properly with warm clothes and loosen up as the day heats up.
Eat Fruits That Has Plenty Water and Vitamin C
This season, if you are not drinking water, eat water! Let the fruits that you eat this season be water-filled. Fruits like tomatoes, watermelon, oranges, apples, pineapples, cucumber and as much as you get. Vitamin C will help to reduce the chances of contracting cold and other negative effect.
Lip gloss/lip balm, Hand sanitizer and Hand Cream should always be with you
As earlier mentioned, avoid matte beauty products, there are colourful lip gloss you can use instead of matte lippies. Be more protective this season, use these frequently to protect your lips from getting chapped and your hands from looking whitish and infected.
This will help you to release unwanted toxin in your system in order to maintain a healthy skin glow. Drives away cold and it is also a stress buster.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: New Year Resolution: Do The Dos And Not The Talk
Harmattan season to some buddies, is the best weather but I am sure the weather affects about 80% of individuals in Nigeria according to research. So, go TOUGH on the season with these tips and thank me later.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to drop a comment!
- God’s Strength In You – Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Reading For Sunday 17th October 2021 Online October 17, 2021
- Be Bold About Him – Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome October 17, 2021
- Your Gates Are Open – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze October 17, 2021
- Deeper Life Search the Scripture For 17th October 2021 Lesson 1021 (Adult) October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School TEACHERS Manual For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School STUDENTS Manual For 17th October 2021 – Lesson 7 October 17, 2021
- Today’s Open Heaven Devotional For 17th October 2021 – The Unchangeable Changer October 17, 2021
- Wealth Through Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional 17 October 2021 – October 17, 2021
- Abuja Fans Surprise BBNaija’s Cross As They Welcome Him With Over 200 Power Bikes And Cars October 16, 2021
- FG Declares Public Holiday For Eid-ul-Mawlid Celebration October 16, 2021
- English Premier League Fixtures, Predictions, Results For 16 – 18 October 2021 October 16, 2021
- #EndSARS Anniversary: They Killed Innocent Souls And A Year Later, No One Has Been Punished For Those Heinous Crimes – Falz October 16, 2021
- Revealed! What Pastor Tunde Bakare Discussed With President Buhari During His Visit To Aso Villa October 16, 2021
- Kogi State Government Kicks, Demands Apology From EFCC Over frozen N20B October 16, 2021
- Bayelsa Youths Protests In Warrior Regalia As Oil Firm Allegedly Neglects Their Community (Photos) October 15, 2021
- Jubilation As Pasuma Welcomes First Grandchild (Photo) October 15, 2021
- Chiwetalu Agu Arrives AGN Office In Enugu After His Release Like A Hero (Video) October 15, 2021
- Pastor Tunde Bakare Visits Buhari In Aso Villa (Photos) October 15, 2021
- BBNaija S6: What Made Me Connect Easily With Whitemoney – Emmanuel Reveals October 15, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Ebuka Opens Up On Housemate Who Could Have Won BBNaija ‘Shine Ya Eye’ Edition
National news4 days ago
PHOTOS: HardCore Biafrans Defy Security Agents After Chiwetalu Agu’s Arrest, Wear IPOB Emblemed Materials
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija Angel Opens Up On The Male Housemate She Would Gladly Leave Her Boyfriend For
Faith6 days ago
Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 11th October 2021 Online
Faith4 days ago
Lift Up Your Eyes – Streams of Joy Devotional For Wednesday 13th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze
Entertainment4 days ago
How US Blogger, Gabby Petito Was Strangled To Death – Coroner Reports
National news7 days ago
Why NUPENG Plans To Commence Strike Tomorow (Monday)
Faith6 days ago
The Problem Of Boredom – Billy Graham Daily Devotional For Monday 11th October 2021