A 22-year-old American blogger who went missing on a road trip with her fiancé was strangled to death, a Wyoming coroner has ruled.
Gabby Petito had been dead for several weeks when her body was found last month near a national park the couple had visited, coroner Brent Blue said.
Ms Petito’s fiancé, Brian Laundrie is a person of interest in the case but has been missing since mid-September.
The Long Island woman’s body was discovered on Sept. 19 at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in Bridger-Teton National Forest, and Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue had previously ruled her death a homicide.
But the 22-year-old’s official cause of death wasn’t disclosed until Tuesday, though Blue cited state law in limiting the amount of information he could share.
In a memo dated Oct. 5 and filed on Tuesday, Blue listed Petito’s manner of death as homicide and the cause as, “Death by manual strangulation/throttling.”
“Our initial determination is the body was in the wilderness for three to four weeks” before she was found, Blue told reporters, which would place her time of death in mid to late August.
“This is only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved in domestic violence and it’s unfortunate that these other deaths do not get as much coverage as this one,” Blue said.
Steven Bertolino, an attorney or Laundrie’s family, reiterated that Brian Laundrie is not a suspect in Petito’s disappearance or death.
“Gabby Petito’s death at such a young age is a tragedy,” Bertolino, said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon.
“While Brian Laundrie is currently charged with the unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to Gabby, Brian is only considered a person of interest in relation to Gabby Petito’s demise. At this time Brian is still missing and when he is located we will address the pending fraud charge against him.”
Petito and Laundrie were on a cross-country road trip, chronicling their travels on social media, before he returned to his parents’ home in North Port, Florida, arriving there on Sept. 1 without his fiancée, police said.
The woman’s family reported her missing on Sept. 11 and Laundrie himself soon vanished as well.
Laundrie’s family told investigators he had gone hiking on September 14 in the Carlton Reserve in Florida and never returned. Law enforcement searched the 25,000-acre wildlife refuge multiple times looking for him.
There have been numerous reported sightings of Laundrie up and down the East Coast since.
Police have called Laundrie a “person of interest” in their investigation into Petito’s disappearance, but there is an arrest warrant out for him after authorities said he used her debit card without permission.
Tega said: “Boma was the only one that knew I was going through something aside the house. For some reason, the housemates were shipping us and we were just flirting in the face of housemates.
“I was shocked to see the video of Boma and I in bed. Boma and I didn’t have sex, I made it clear to myself that I wouldn’t have sex in as much as I was going through my own phase with my husband cheating before the house.
“Before I went to BBNaija, I told my husband even after I knew he cheated on me that I’ll only kiss and play games in the house but wouldn’t have sex because of the respect for God not for him.
- God’s Strength In You – Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Reading For Sunday 17th October 2021 Online October 17, 2021
- Be Bold About Him – Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome October 17, 2021
- Your Gates Are Open – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze October 17, 2021
- Deeper Life Search the Scripture For 17th October 2021 Lesson 1021 (Adult) October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School TEACHERS Manual For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School STUDENTS Manual For 17th October 2021 – Lesson 7 October 17, 2021
- Today’s Open Heaven Devotional For 17th October 2021 – The Unchangeable Changer October 17, 2021
- Wealth Through Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional 17 October 2021 – October 17, 2021
- Abuja Fans Surprise BBNaija’s Cross As They Welcome Him With Over 200 Power Bikes And Cars October 16, 2021
- FG Declares Public Holiday For Eid-ul-Mawlid Celebration October 16, 2021
- English Premier League Fixtures, Predictions, Results For 16 – 18 October 2021 October 16, 2021
- #EndSARS Anniversary: They Killed Innocent Souls And A Year Later, No One Has Been Punished For Those Heinous Crimes – Falz October 16, 2021
- Revealed! What Pastor Tunde Bakare Discussed With President Buhari During His Visit To Aso Villa October 16, 2021
- Kogi State Government Kicks, Demands Apology From EFCC Over frozen N20B October 16, 2021
- Bayelsa Youths Protests In Warrior Regalia As Oil Firm Allegedly Neglects Their Community (Photos) October 15, 2021
- Jubilation As Pasuma Welcomes First Grandchild (Photo) October 15, 2021
- Chiwetalu Agu Arrives AGN Office In Enugu After His Release Like A Hero (Video) October 15, 2021
- Pastor Tunde Bakare Visits Buhari In Aso Villa (Photos) October 15, 2021
- BBNaija S6: What Made Me Connect Easily With Whitemoney – Emmanuel Reveals October 15, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Ebuka Opens Up On Housemate Who Could Have Won BBNaija ‘Shine Ya Eye’ Edition
National news4 days ago
PHOTOS: HardCore Biafrans Defy Security Agents After Chiwetalu Agu’s Arrest, Wear IPOB Emblemed Materials
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija Angel Opens Up On The Male Housemate She Would Gladly Leave Her Boyfriend For
Faith6 days ago
Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 11th October 2021 Online
Faith4 days ago
Lift Up Your Eyes – Streams of Joy Devotional For Wednesday 13th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze
Faith4 days ago
From Religion to Reality – Kenneth Copeland Devotional For 13th October 2021
Faith6 days ago
The Sword of the Lord – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 11th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze
Faith3 days ago
Quiet Inner Confidence – Joyce Meyer Devotional For 14th October 2021