Topic: You Are Accepted In The Beloved
To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
Today’s reading tells us that we are accepted in Christ, the Beloved. And because we are in Christ, we are well pleasing to God!
But Pastor Prince, I have done nothing to make myself well pleasing to God!
Neither did Jesus. In Mark 1: 9–11, God called Jesus His beloved and said that He was well pleasing before He had even performed one miracle or act of service for Him. You see, Jesus is well pleasing to His Father not because of what He has done, but because of who He is. Did you get that? If not, please read the last sentence again.
Jesus didn’t have to do anything or accomplish anything before He was considered beloved and pleasing to the Father. The good news for you and me today is that our Father in heaven has “made us accepted in the Beloved,” and “in Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Eph. 1:6–7).
This is true for any believer of Jesus. The moment you received Him into your life, God the Father made you accepted in the Beloved.
We know that the word “Beloved” here is in reference to Jesus. So why didn’t God just say “accepted in Jesus Christ”?
That is because God wants you to be conscious that you are now part of the family and you are beloved to Him the same way that Jesus is. Furthermore, the word “accepted” in the original Greek is a word far richer in meaning than the English translation can convey. It’s the word charitoo, and it means “highly favored.” This word is used only one other time in the Bible, when angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored [charitoo] one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” (Luke 1:28).
So you and I are not just accepted in the Beloved, which is already fantastic, but we are more precisely highly favored in the Beloved, Jesus Christ. In fact, the Greek scholar Thayer says that charitoo also means we are surrounded by favor. That’s why in my church we like to proclaim and declare that we are highly favored, greatly blessed, and deeply loved. It’s a powerful declaration and an important reminder that you are not alone and left to fend for yourself in life. You have a Father in heaven who loves you, favors you, protects you, and watches over you and all your loved ones.
Joseph Prince Devotional 23 June 2021 Today’s Message – Joseph Prince (born 15 May 1963, Singapore) is the senior pastor of New Creation Church in Singapore, one of Asia’s biggest churches. He was one of the church’s founders in 1983.
© Copyright Joseph Prince, 2008–2021
All rights reserved under International Copyright Law. Contents may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any form without the express written consent of the author.
- Abuja: Business Owners Cries Out Bitterly As FCTA Demands Payment For Using Generators August 5, 2021
- Nigerians React Seriously As Buhari’s Daughter-in-law Wears Transparent Dress In Extravagant Bridal Shower August 5, 2021
- The Believer’s Highest Honor – In Touch Daily Devotional For 5th August 2021 By Dr. Charles Stanley August 5, 2021
- This Church That Was Given Quit Notice – Our Daily Manna ODM Devotional For 5th August 2021 By Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe August 5, 2021
- Greatness – Our Daily Bread Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 August 5, 2021
- Joseph Prince Devotional For 5th August 2021 – The Great Disarmament August 5, 2021
- DCLM Daily Manna For 5th August 2021 Deeper Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Don’t Wreck Your Ministry! August 5, 2021
- MFM Daily Devotional For 5th August 2021 Mountain By Dr. D.K Olukoya – The Peril Of A Wrong Location August 5, 2021
- TREM Daily Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Bishop Mike Okonkwo – Rejoice In The Lord August 5, 2021
- God is Right on Time – Omega Fire Devotional For 5th August 2021 Rhema for Living Daily Devotional Message August 5, 2021
- Prayer Points For Today’s Open Heaven 5th August 2021 – Be Thou Perfect August 5, 2021
- RCCG Open Heaven Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Pastor E A Adeboye – Be Thou Perfect August 5, 2021
- Seeds of Destiny Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Dr. Paul Enenche -The Curse: Consequence of Evil Doing August 5, 2021
- Unprecedented Portions – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 5th August 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze August 5, 2021
- Rhapsody of Realities Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – Align Yourself With God’s Vision August 5, 2021
- Watch and Pray – Kenneth Copeland Devotional For 5th August 2021 From Faith To Faith Daily Devotional August 5, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For Thursday 5th August 2021 August 5, 2021
- Stop Breastfeeding Your Husbands, Breast Milk Is For Babies – Commissioner For Gender Affairs Advice Women August 4, 2021
- Evans: ‘I’m Not A Kidnapper, I’m A Legitimate Businessman’ August 4, 2021
- I’m Homeless, Living Out In My Car, Dr. Dre’s Eldest Daughter Reveals (photos) August 4, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
Hushpuppi: How I Bribed Police Chief, Abba Kyari With $1.1million Deal
Metro6 days ago
Tension In Delta As Farmers Flee, Others Missing As Herdsmen Invade Farms
National news6 days ago
Hushpuppi: IGP Orders Investigation Of FBI’s Fraud Allegations Against Kyari
Faith6 days ago
Joseph Prince Devotional For 30th July 2021 – Abba Father
National news7 days ago
COVID-19: US To Ship 10 Million Doses Of Vaccines To Nigeria, South Africa
Metro6 days ago
Ogun: Man Faking Madness Caught With N250,000, Three iPhones, Women Underwear
News7 days ago
Hushpuppi: US Court Orders FBI To Arrest Abba Kyari Over Fraud Investigations
National news6 days ago
You Can’t Succeed Above Your Educational Qualification –Buhari (Video)