TOPIC: Love is not Boastful
SCRIPTURE: charity vaunteth not itself, 1 Corinthians 13:4.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A loving person wants to give people a healthy sense of value or enhance their self-esteem.
Seeds of Destiny 13 October 2021 Today Devotional Message
We have been commanded by God to love one another (Luke 10:27b). This is because love is the authentic proof of genuine Christianity.
Now, one character of love is that love is not boastful.
1 Corinthians 13:4 says, charity vaunteth not itself,
Now, when we say that love is not boastful, what do we mean?
1. It means love does not exaggerate its results or accomplishments.
Where God has helped you in one way or the other, you don’t go about exaggerating your results or accomplishments. Love does not exaggerate its own results to make others feel less about themselves.
2. It means love is not vain glorious
Love is not vain glorious. Love does not brag. It is not boastful.
3. It means love does not go about blowing its own trumpet.
Love does not blow its trumpet to make others feel that they are nothing. What benefit do you derive from making others feel miserable and worthless? What joy do you derive from making someone feel like you are bigger or better than them by the kind of things you say or do? That’s not love! That kind of heart is not a good heart!
A loving person wants to give people a healthy sense of value or enhance their self-esteem. As a loving person, you would want to make people feel good about themselves; you make them feel better about themselves than they felt before they met you. So, you are not a loving person when you make people feel less about themselves.
REMEMBER THIS: A loving person wants to give people a healthy sense of value or enhance their self-esteem.
- Refuse every form of pride, bragging and arrogance.
- Determine to enhance people’s self-esteem by your conduct.
PRAYER: Lord, I ask for a fresh baptism of love. Help me to always humble myself and not be proud and arrogant Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE PRACTICE OF LOVE (PART 1)
QUOTE: Bitterness and hatred are the opposites of love and forgiveness and these are the opposites of the nature of God and of what God stands for. Culled from “AM I BITTER?” by Dr Becky Enenche.
DAILY READING: Matthew 21-23
REFLECTION: When last did you make someone feel better about themselves? What value have you produced in the lives of all those who are in touch with your life?
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The Lord cause you to be a positive difference maker and change agent in the lives of others in Jesus’ Name.
Seeds of Destiny 13 October 2021 Today Devotional Message was written by Pastor Paul Enenche of the Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Pastor Paul and Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors.
- God’s Strength In You – Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Reading For Sunday 17th October 2021 Online October 17, 2021
- Be Bold About Him – Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome October 17, 2021
- Your Gates Are Open – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 17th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze October 17, 2021
- Deeper Life Search the Scripture For 17th October 2021 Lesson 1021 (Adult) October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School TEACHERS Manual For 17th October 2021 October 17, 2021
- RCCG Sunday School STUDENTS Manual For 17th October 2021 – Lesson 7 October 17, 2021
- Today’s Open Heaven Devotional For 17th October 2021 – The Unchangeable Changer October 17, 2021
- Wealth Through Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional 17 October 2021 – October 17, 2021
- Abuja Fans Surprise BBNaija’s Cross As They Welcome Him With Over 200 Power Bikes And Cars October 16, 2021
- FG Declares Public Holiday For Eid-ul-Mawlid Celebration October 16, 2021
- English Premier League Fixtures, Predictions, Results For 16 – 18 October 2021 October 16, 2021
- #EndSARS Anniversary: They Killed Innocent Souls And A Year Later, No One Has Been Punished For Those Heinous Crimes – Falz October 16, 2021
- Revealed! What Pastor Tunde Bakare Discussed With President Buhari During His Visit To Aso Villa October 16, 2021
- Kogi State Government Kicks, Demands Apology From EFCC Over frozen N20B October 16, 2021
- Bayelsa Youths Protests In Warrior Regalia As Oil Firm Allegedly Neglects Their Community (Photos) October 15, 2021
- Jubilation As Pasuma Welcomes First Grandchild (Photo) October 15, 2021
- Chiwetalu Agu Arrives AGN Office In Enugu After His Release Like A Hero (Video) October 15, 2021
- Pastor Tunde Bakare Visits Buhari In Aso Villa (Photos) October 15, 2021
- BBNaija S6: What Made Me Connect Easily With Whitemoney – Emmanuel Reveals October 15, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Ebuka Opens Up On Housemate Who Could Have Won BBNaija ‘Shine Ya Eye’ Edition
National news4 days ago
PHOTOS: HardCore Biafrans Defy Security Agents After Chiwetalu Agu’s Arrest, Wear IPOB Emblemed Materials
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija Angel Opens Up On The Male Housemate She Would Gladly Leave Her Boyfriend For
Faith6 days ago
Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 11th October 2021 Online
Faith4 days ago
Lift Up Your Eyes – Streams of Joy Devotional For Wednesday 13th October 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze
National news7 days ago
Why NUPENG Plans To Commence Strike Tomorow (Monday)
Entertainment4 days ago
How US Blogger, Gabby Petito Was Strangled To Death – Coroner Reports
Faith4 days ago
From Religion to Reality – Kenneth Copeland Devotional For 13th October 2021