The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry probing the alleged killing of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki tollgate had, on Saturday, approved the reopening of the tollgate.
Following this decision, Some Nigerian youths have threatened to hold a fresh protest over the decision of the Lagos Judicial Panel to return the Lekki tollgate to its owners (LCC).
The decision was taken by the chairman of the panel, retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, and four other members of the panel.
The chairman was backed by Segun Awosanya (popularly known as Segalink), Oluwatoyin Odusanya (Director, Citizens Rights), DIG Taiwo Lakanu (retd.) (representing the police), and Lucas Koyejo (from the National Human Rights Commission).
However, four out of the nine members of the panel rejected the decision to reopen the Lekki toll gate.
The four members also faulted the report of the forensic experts hired to comb the scene for evidence.
The four members who rejected the forensic report are the two representatives of the civil society – Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (SAN) and Ms. Patience Udoh; as well as the two youth representatives on the panel – Rinu Oduala and Temitope Majekodunmi.
The youths have now begun to mobilize on social media with #RevolutionNow and #OccupyLekkiTollGate, with the matter trending as number one and three on Twitter.
As of 11 am, some of the youths shared Display Pictures and banners to create awareness about the protest.
Information on the posters showed that the protest is planned to start at 7 am on Saturday, February 13, 2020.
Some of the posters have inscriptions such as “No justice, no reopening”, and “Occupy Lekki tollgate” among others.
One of the campaigners, Omoyele Sowore, tweeted, “No to the reopening of #Lekkitollgate, the perpetrators of #LekkiMassacre must be brought to book.”
Dr Chuks @AhanekuChuks urged those planning to protest to strategise properly, saying, “Now we move with strategies and togetherness, it is time you showed what you have got for the government.
“We have given them much time but they took our silent night for granted not knowing that we are putting heads together to study how to bring peace to the new generation.”
Dtowncrier threatened that “Reopen Lekki tollgate and reopen #EndSARS protest.”
Benzkovic001 @Benzkovic001 also faulted the reopening of the Lekki tollgate.
Coconut Head @iamProficience added, “We never believed the panel, nothing good ever came out of any panel in Nigeria but a mere inquiry. No going back till there’s justice for all! #OccupyLekkiTollGate on Saturday! #Endsarsbrutality.”
“We all knew that the panel is just a means to divert youths’ attention, only the rich and those in power get justice. But history has been made and stories will be told of how the youths of Nigeria fought against #Badgovernment #EndSARS,” @Shaddyrok added.
- That Battle Has Been Declared “Finished” Hold On! – ODM Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe September 17, 2021
- Honor God’s Voice Above All Others – Joyce Meyer Devotional For 17th September 2021 September 17, 2021
- The Kingdom Lifestyle – MFM Daily Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya September 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For Friday 17th September 2021 Online September 17, 2021
- Faith Talks -Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For Friday 17th September 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome September 17, 2021
- You Are Evergreen – Pastor Jerry Eze Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For Friday 17th September 2021 September 17, 2021
- The Trigger of Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny 17th September 2021 By Dr. Paul Enenche September 17, 2021
- RCCG Open Heaven Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Pastor E.A Adeboye – Holy Spirit: The Engine Room For Missions September 17, 2021
- Prayer Points For Today’s Open Heaven 17th September 2021 – Holy Spirit: The Engine Room For Missions September 17, 2021
- MFM 70 Days Fasting For 17th September 2021 – Day 40 Prayer Points September 17, 2021
- THROWBACK: “I Would Rather Die Than Join APC Or Bow To Buhari – Fani-Kayode September 16, 2021
- BBNaija Task: Biggie Rewards Liquorose For Secret Task September 16, 2021
- Why EFCC Chairman, Bawa, Collapsed – Pantami Reveals September 16, 2021
- Sowore Reveals Those Who Killed His Brother, Olajide September 16, 2021
- BREAKING: Femi Fani- Kayode Dumps PDP, Joins APC Says, “I Was Led By The Spirit Of God” September 16, 2021
- VAT/FIRS: Southern Governors Meet In Enugu September 16, 2021
- BBNaija S6: Why I’m Excited About Liquorose, Emmanuel ‘Fight’ – Angel September 16, 2021
- Photos: FIFA President Pays Courtesy Visit To President Buhari, Gifts Him No.10 Jersey September 16, 2021
- 2023 Presidency: Why Jonathan Will Never Join APC – Reno Omokri Reacts September 16, 2021
- BBNaija Task: Housemates To Mimic Each Other For A Whole Day September 16, 2021
Faith4 days ago
Fearfully And Wonderfully Made – RCCG Open Heaven Devotional For 13th September 2021 By Pastor E.A Adeboye
National news7 days ago
Leadership Tussle: TB Joshua’s Disciples Evicted From SCOAN [VIDEO]
Entertainment7 days ago
BET Awards: Ladipoe And Nasty C Make 2021 Hip-Hop List
Entertainment4 days ago
BBNaija Eviction: I’ll Beg Big Brother To Bring JayPaul Back To The House – Cross To Saskay
Faith4 days ago
You Are A Weapon – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 13th September 2021 by Pastor Jerry Eze
Metro4 days ago
Kogi Jailbreak: 240 Inmates Escaped From Prison – Spokesman
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Top Five Housemates That Will Make It To The Finals – Uti Nwachukwu Predicts
Faith4 days ago
Life’s Greatest Investment – In Touch Daily Devotional For 13th September 2021 By Dr. Charles Stanley