Vice President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Damian Okeke-Ogene, has commended Twitter for deleting a controversial post by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Nigerian Civil War from 1967 and 1970.
The tweet, which was posted on Tuesday, read in part, “Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand.”
The tweet attracted strong criticisms with many Nigerians saying it was a threat to commit human rights violations.
Speaking to our correspondent, Okeke-Ogene said the development should be a warning signal to the President.
He said it was clear that there was maladministration in the country.
“Things are not working out well in the country. People are being slaughtered like animals everyday in the country. It should serve as a lesson to him (Buhari). It should serve as a lesson to the government of Nigeria that the international community is no longer happy with what is going on in Nigeria.
“It should be a thing for sober reflection. It’s time for them to find solution to all these problems. The situation in this country is not conducive. Nigeria is a big country that any bad thing happening here would have ripple effects on other countries, particularly the countries in sub-Saharan Africa. So, nobody should be surprised that the international community is getting involved. It is a warning signal.”
Also, the Indigenous People of Biafra said the development was a signal that the President would be heading to the International Criminal Court sooner or later.
The IPOB Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, said this in a statement sent to one of our correspondents.
He said, “The Indigenous People of Biafra has noted the action of Twitter in deleting the inciting and acrimonious statement by Muhamnadu Buhari, threatening another war against Biafrans.
“We know that the global outrage sparked by the evil, unpresidential and genocidal tweets made the cabal running the zoo to beg Twitter to delete them. But we want to assure him that the world has already taken note of the genocidal threat. He cannot escape the International Criminal Court to account for his actions sooner or later.
“We however, commend Twitter for its courage to speak truth to power. IPOB demands Twitter to go step further and completely delete Buhari from its system as a deterrent to other tyrants like him.”
- Tears And Tributes As Lagos Council Boss Is Laid To Rest June 23, 2021
- Nigerians Reacts As Petrol Cost Hits N256, Subsidy N150b June 23, 2021
- Herdsmen: ‘Shun Northern Cattle For Local Cows’ -Nollywood Legend, Pete Edochie Urges Igbo People June 23, 2021
- N7.1bn Fraud: Court Fixes Date For Orji Uzor Kalu’s Retrial June 23, 2021
- ‘I Am In Pains’ – Harrysong Cries Out After Finding Out A ‘Single Mum Of 2’ He Was Sending Money To Is Actually A Very Ugly Man June 23, 2021
- US Actress, Angelina Jolie Visits Burkina Faso Refugee Camp June 23, 2021
- Akwa Ibom Sets Up Committee To Investigate Expulsion Of Student Who Allegedly Insulted Governor On Facebook June 23, 2021
- Exposed! Police Inspector In Soup For Allegedly Gunrunning And Renting Riffles To Notorious Criminals In Cross River State June 23, 2021
- Insecurity: How University Of Jos Hired Local Hunters To Protect Campus And Hostels June 23, 2021
- “A Goat Is Better Than A Man Who Beats His Wife” – Apostle Suleman Blows Hot June 23, 2021
- “Your Well Don Too Deep” – Bobrisky Berates Ka3na After She Opened Up About Her S3xual Encounter With Praise June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: See How Praise Reacted After Ka3na Accused Him Of ‘Lasting Five Seconds In Bed’ June 23, 2021
- #BBNaijaReunion: “He Lasted Only 5 seconds” – Ka3na Opens Up On Sexual Encounter With Praise (Video) June 23, 2021
- Drama As Police Protects Coca-Cola Truck After It Crushes 3 To Death In Ibadan June 23, 2021
- Umahi’s Commissioner Dies, Driver Unconscious, Governor Declares Holiday, Prayer June 23, 2021
- TREM Daily Devotional For 23rd June 2021 By Dr. Mike Okonkwo – You Have Been Discharged and Acquitted With No Appeal June 23, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For 23rd June 2021 Online June 23, 2021
- True Worship Of God – Anglican Daily Fountain For 23rd June 2021 June 23, 2021
- Scripture Union Daily Guide For 23rd June 2021 – God’s Judgement Dramatized June 23, 2021
- Joseph Prince Devotional For 23rd June 2021 – You Are Accepted In The Beloved June 23, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
How Miss Africa Russia Representative From Nigeria Stormed Stage With Blood-stained Nigerian Flag (Video)
Health5 days ago
WHO: Women Of Childbearing Age Should Be Banned From Drinking Alcohol
National news7 days ago
Buhari To Visit Borno On Thursday
Entertainment5 days ago
Tope Alabi Begs Adeyinka Alaseyori for Forgiveness, Says “I Am Not A Perfect Person”
National news6 days ago
Sleepy Buhari Making Corruption Run Rampant In Nigeria – American Economist, Steve Hanke
Faith7 days ago
Our Daily Bread Devotional Message For 17th June 2021 – The Way of Faith
National news6 days ago
BREAKING: Fresh Xenophobic Protests In South Africa As Violent Groups Threaten Bloodshed On Nigerians, Others
Entertainment7 days ago
Sexual Assault: Baba Ijesha Denied Bail, Case Transferred To High Court