Welcome to today’s Devotional with Patir Paul Enenche of Dunamis Church……
TOPIC: The Curse: Consequence of Evil Doing
SCRIPTURE: With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live: before our brethren discern thou what is thine with me, and take it to thee. For Jacob knew not that Rachel had stolen them. Genesis 31:32.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Every evil deed attracts grave consequences even if you were not caught doing it.
Seeds of Destiny 5 August 2021 Thursday Message
In life, every cause attracts a corresponding effect. There are implications and consequences for the actions we take. That is why when you touch or take what you are not given by God, you are disconnected from what is legally or rightly yours. For example, Adam ate the fruit he was not licensed to eat and lost a whole garden (Genesis 3:23). Adam was one example of someone who was negatively affected by taking what he was not licensed to take.
Now, Rachel was another example. While Jacob ran away from Laban, his father-in-law, Rachel stole her father’s idols. Then Laban pursued Jacob and told him that someone had stolen his idols.
In those days, idols were made of gold or of some other precious objects. Rachel probably wanted the gold of those idols and wanted to use it. She stole the idols but her husband, Jacob, was not aware, and so, he cursed the person that stole the idol (Genesis 31:32). Laban went into the tent and searched everywhere for the idol. However, Rachel sat on it and refused stand up. She gave the excuse that it was unto her according to the custom of women.
Now, it is important to know that though she could not stand up to be searched, the curse was on her already. This means it is not a matter of whether or not people are caught when they steal an item; rather, it is a matter of the consequences that go with stealing the item. Many people think that because they were not caught in an evil act, they will not suffer the consequences. It is not so. Every evil deed attracts grave consequences even if you were not caught doing it. Therefore, refuse to indulge in evil.
Remember This: Every evil deed attracts grave consequences even if you were not caught doing it.
- Make up your mind to run away from every appearance or temptation of evil.
- Confess your sin(s) and ask God for mercy if you have done anything wrong.
PRAYER: Lord, I ask that You forgive me of my sins and erase every consequence of sins from my life. Help me to maintain a right standing with You, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE TRAGEDY OF EVIL MONEY.
QUOTE: Some people even steal money in church. They make purchases for the church and steal money in the process. If you do that, it is a defilement of garment, no matter how much tongues you speak. Culled from “WHO ARE YOU?” by Dr Paul Enenche.
DAILY READING: Isaiah 64-66
REFLECTION: In the sight of God, the intention to do evil weighs as heavy as the act of evil; thoughts are as loud as speech with God. It is critical to continually receive His Mercy both to think and live right.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The Lord engrace you to do what is right continually in His Sight in Jesus’ Name.
Seeds of Destiny 5 August 2021 Thursday Devotional Message was written by Pastor Paul Enenche of the Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Pastor Paul and Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors
- That Battle Has Been Declared “Finished” Hold On! – ODM Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe September 17, 2021
- Honor God’s Voice Above All Others – Joyce Meyer Devotional For 17th September 2021 September 17, 2021
- The Kingdom Lifestyle – MFM Daily Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya September 17, 2021
- Catholic Daily Mass Reading For Friday 17th September 2021 Online September 17, 2021
- Faith Talks -Rhapsody of Realities Devotional For Friday 17th September 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome September 17, 2021
- You Are Evergreen – Pastor Jerry Eze Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For Friday 17th September 2021 September 17, 2021
- The Trigger of Wisdom – Seeds of Destiny 17th September 2021 By Dr. Paul Enenche September 17, 2021
- RCCG Open Heaven Devotional For 17th September 2021 By Pastor E.A Adeboye – Holy Spirit: The Engine Room For Missions September 17, 2021
- Prayer Points For Today’s Open Heaven 17th September 2021 – Holy Spirit: The Engine Room For Missions September 17, 2021
- MFM 70 Days Fasting For 17th September 2021 – Day 40 Prayer Points September 17, 2021
- THROWBACK: “I Would Rather Die Than Join APC Or Bow To Buhari – Fani-Kayode September 16, 2021
- BBNaija Task: Biggie Rewards Liquorose For Secret Task September 16, 2021
- Why EFCC Chairman, Bawa, Collapsed – Pantami Reveals September 16, 2021
- Sowore Reveals Those Who Killed His Brother, Olajide September 16, 2021
- BREAKING: Femi Fani- Kayode Dumps PDP, Joins APC Says, “I Was Led By The Spirit Of God” September 16, 2021
- VAT/FIRS: Southern Governors Meet In Enugu September 16, 2021
- BBNaija S6: Why I’m Excited About Liquorose, Emmanuel ‘Fight’ – Angel September 16, 2021
- Photos: FIFA President Pays Courtesy Visit To President Buhari, Gifts Him No.10 Jersey September 16, 2021
- 2023 Presidency: Why Jonathan Will Never Join APC – Reno Omokri Reacts September 16, 2021
- BBNaija Task: Housemates To Mimic Each Other For A Whole Day September 16, 2021
Faith4 days ago
Fearfully And Wonderfully Made – RCCG Open Heaven Devotional For 13th September 2021 By Pastor E.A Adeboye
National news7 days ago
Leadership Tussle: TB Joshua’s Disciples Evicted From SCOAN [VIDEO]
Entertainment7 days ago
BET Awards: Ladipoe And Nasty C Make 2021 Hip-Hop List
Entertainment4 days ago
BBNaija Eviction: I’ll Beg Big Brother To Bring JayPaul Back To The House – Cross To Saskay
Metro4 days ago
Kogi Jailbreak: 240 Inmates Escaped From Prison – Spokesman
Faith4 days ago
You Are A Weapon – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 13th September 2021 by Pastor Jerry Eze
Entertainment7 days ago
BBNaija S6: Top Five Housemates That Will Make It To The Finals – Uti Nwachukwu Predicts
Faith4 days ago
Life’s Greatest Investment – In Touch Daily Devotional For 13th September 2021 By Dr. Charles Stanley