Prominent American multinational financial services company, Wells Fargo, has promised to investigate allegations of racial discrimination against a Nigerian man, Oluwaseun Adeoye, who is believed to be its staff member.
Agbanobi, a strategy & analytics staff member of Amazon, had shared a screenshot of the message Adeoye sent to her via her page on LinkedIn, a professional networking platform.
In the screenshot, the Nigerian man asked Agbanobi why “her skin is so black” and advised her to bleach her skin.
“Why is your skin so very dark/black? Or I think it’s the way the sun was facing you though,” he had allegedly written.
The lady, however, replied: “Is that a question or are you expecting an answer to this question?”
But in what seemed to be his response, Adeoye wrote: “You’re still black as charcoal at the end of the day. Go and bleach dear.”
In reaction, Agbanobi, who is a business analyst and tech educator, said she never expected such a remark from a fellow black who is also from her country.
Agbanobi also recalled how she was body-shamed by those around her while growing up in Nigeria, a development she said made her hate her skin.
But, she noted that she had now outgrown the emotional trauma that comes with such comments, but deems it fit to report Adeoye, who might go about bullying other women.
She wrote, “Today is a great day and I am super excited to celebrate fathers for all that they do and how they constantly put their life’s on the line for their families! But also on a great day like this, another black mature man @oluwaseun Adeoye working for Wells Fargo who I barely know, deemed it fit to colour shame me for no reason.
“But why??? What was my offence??? I grew up hating my skin, was bullied, insulted, and sort just because I am black, went through this as a Nigerian in Nigeria “black nation” (surprising right but it’s the fact)! 6years ago I would have taken @oluwaseun’s Adeoye advice by going to change my skin colour for any amount and cried myself to death!
“But no, I am not that girl anymore! I am a strong black successful woman and I love my skin but will not allow this bully to run around the street emotionally abusing women!
“In 2021 and on a beautiful day like this, when we celebrate fathers I didn’t expect a message like this from another black man but this has to stop here!!! @oluwaseun Adeoye a Wells Fargo employee has to be called to order, we need to protect other women from people like him!!!”
In its reaction, Wells Fargo commended Agbanobi for notifying the company while requesting that she forward the details of the conversation to the company’s email for proper review by the Human Resources Department.
“Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Joyce, and we’re so sorry to learn of this experience. Could you please send us an email at [email protected] with more details and the screenshot attached? We’ll forward this to our HR department for review. Thanks,” it replied.
- 61st Birthday: What President Buhari Told Chairman Of BUA Group, Abdul Samad Rabiu As He Felicitates With Him August 5, 2021
- BBNaija: Students, Colleagues Campaign To Keep Their Mathematics Teacher, Yousef In The House August 5, 2021
- $1.484bn: FEC Approves Rehabilitation Of Kaduna And Warri Refineries August 5, 2021
- Twitter Ban: See How Much Nigerians Have Lost In Two Months August 5, 2021
- Abuja: Business Owners Cries Out Bitterly As FCTA Demands Payment For Using Generators August 5, 2021
- Nigerians React Seriously As Buhari’s Daughter-in-law Wears Transparent Dress In Extravagant Bridal Shower August 5, 2021
- The Believer’s Highest Honor – In Touch Daily Devotional For 5th August 2021 By Dr. Charles Stanley August 5, 2021
- This Church That Was Given Quit Notice – Our Daily Manna ODM Devotional For 5th August 2021 By Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe August 5, 2021
- Greatness – Our Daily Bread Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 August 5, 2021
- Joseph Prince Devotional For 5th August 2021 – The Great Disarmament August 5, 2021
- DCLM Daily Manna For 5th August 2021 Deeper Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Don’t Wreck Your Ministry! August 5, 2021
- MFM Daily Devotional For 5th August 2021 Mountain By Dr. D.K Olukoya – The Peril Of A Wrong Location August 5, 2021
- TREM Daily Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Bishop Mike Okonkwo – Rejoice In The Lord August 5, 2021
- God is Right on Time – Omega Fire Devotional For 5th August 2021 Rhema for Living Daily Devotional Message August 5, 2021
- Prayer Points For Today’s Open Heaven 5th August 2021 – Be Thou Perfect August 5, 2021
- RCCG Open Heaven Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Pastor E A Adeboye – Be Thou Perfect August 5, 2021
- Seeds of Destiny Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Dr. Paul Enenche -The Curse: Consequence of Evil Doing August 5, 2021
- Unprecedented Portions – Streams of Joy Daily Devotional For 5th August 2021 By Pastor Jerry Eze August 5, 2021
- Rhapsody of Realities Devotional Message For 5th August 2021 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – Align Yourself With God’s Vision August 5, 2021
- Watch and Pray – Kenneth Copeland Devotional For 5th August 2021 From Faith To Faith Daily Devotional August 5, 2021
Entertainment7 days ago
Hushpuppi: How I Bribed Police Chief, Abba Kyari With $1.1million Deal
Metro6 days ago
Tension In Delta As Farmers Flee, Others Missing As Herdsmen Invade Farms
National news6 days ago
Hushpuppi: IGP Orders Investigation Of FBI’s Fraud Allegations Against Kyari
Faith6 days ago
Joseph Prince Devotional For 30th July 2021 – Abba Father
National news7 days ago
COVID-19: US To Ship 10 Million Doses Of Vaccines To Nigeria, South Africa
Metro6 days ago
Ogun: Man Faking Madness Caught With N250,000, Three iPhones, Women Underwear
News7 days ago
Hushpuppi: US Court Orders FBI To Arrest Abba Kyari Over Fraud Investigations
National news6 days ago
You Can’t Succeed Above Your Educational Qualification –Buhari (Video)